Group Blogging: Racism/Classism in Chile

My post is only about halfway done, so I won’t be posting mine yet or reading these, but for now you can leave a comment below when yours is up and I’ll put your link here!

*Update: I really don’t know if I’m going to be able to write my post this weekend. Sorry but I’m moving. Right now. We are in desperate need of a truck! If anybody has a camioneta and an hour of time to move a fridge and bed please email me: kylehepp at gmail dot com We’re moving a block away from where we live now so it wouldn’t take long and you would have my eternal gratitude.

And I have to write 32 stories before Monday. And I have to finish designing a wedding album. And I have to run 3 miles today as part of my training program. To say I’m a little stressed out would be an understatement. Sorry about being a crappy group blogging organizer!

Clare
Cachorrita
Lydia
Kathleen
Abby
Emily
Tyffanie
Renee
Leigh

Comments

1. Cachorrita says:

I posted!

2. lydia says:

im up

3. kumichan83 says:

Mine is up!

4. Ritamae says:

I won’t be posting this time but have found the posts so far to be fascinating. It is like advertising and the media in each country chooses something that the majority of the people are not to label as beautiful. I can’t help but think of the Dr. Seuss book “The Star Bellied Sneeches.” I love that book and its moral. What a shame it would be if everyone looked alike and acted alike. Diversity is what makes the world go around. I wish all people respected everyone else as a human being with something unique to contribute to the world instead of “categorize” them so negatively with preconcieved notions about beauty and worth.

5. Anonymous says:

I’ve read these posts on Classism so far and really, Chile seems very very similar to the UK, at least outside of London. But then people in the UK are good at changing accents for certain situations…

6. Abby says:

mine’s ready

7. lydia says:

ouch! maybe you could kill two birds with one stone and run the fridge to your new place for double strength and endurance training… :)

hah, im an idiot.
    good luck with everythign.

8. Amanda says:

Wow! What happened?!?! Why are you guys moving?

9. Clare says:

Organizing and writing are different. You did a great job organizing. :)

But… the real question in… why are you moving?

10. Fned says:

wait a sec…. YOU’RE MOVING???

I must have missed a step somewhere. I thought you guys LOVED your place!!!

I’m taking a page out of your book and proposing a Group Blog too! I hope you don’t mind. I would love to have your input on this subject btw: the language that prevails in Bi-lingual couples. If and when you have the time of course!!

Have a great moving day!!!

Fned.

11. Anita Laura says:

hi.. are you in chile? I’m lookin for a photographer for my wedding day on december 13th.

hope to hear from you.

anita fonseca
    anitalauraps@gmail.com

Yay moving! It’s stressful but worth it :) My post is up, since I haven’t been quite as busy as you this weekend.

13. La Chilengüita says:

My post is up!

Also, moving? What happened? I hope everything is going well with it and that you found a truck! I am interested to hear all about the story!!!

14. La Chilengüita says:

P.S. I like Fned’s group blog idea! That is a great topic to write about.

15. Fned says:

La chilanguita: Yay!!! I can’t wait to hear all the different perspectives on this issue!!! :)

Fned.

16. Renée says:

It’s a little late, but I’ve posted.

17. Leigh says:

Mine’s up! I’m excited to see what you all have to say.

The bilingual relationship idea is an interesting one for me since my boyfriend and I communicate in a language that is not native for either of us. And hilarity ensues…