How to Help After the Massive Earthquake in Chile

Currently my inbox is overwhelmed with emails (sorry if I haven’t replied to you yet, I will this weekend!) asking about the Earthquake in Chile. There’s one repeating theme — people want to know how they can help. So I started a little Etsy shop selling prints of some of our travel photographs. 100% of the profit on any photograph purchased between now and 8pm EST Friday will be donated directly to the Telethon on Friday being held to benefit Earthquake victims and help rebuilding.

If you are in the U.S. can you order directly off my Etsy site. For now, European readers will have to donate on their own — I suggest Red Cross. And if you’re in Chile, I’m sure you’re already inundated with places you can help, but if not, check out Leigh’s blog list of where you can donate/volunteer.

If you’re a client and you’d like to purchase a print of one of your own wedding photos for the same price as listed on the Etsy stores, that can be arranged — please contact me directly. However, those photos will not be delivered until July when I come back from the U.S.

So if you are looking for a way to help, buy a pretty picture! And if there are any of my photos that you’ve seen and would rather buy a print of, let me know, and I’ll add it to the Etsy shop. Don’t forget to buy before Friday, 8pm EST.

Comments

1. Emita says:

Great idea, Kyle. You should definitely add some of your great shots of Chile, I'm sure people would love to donate and also have a picture of the country and/or people as a reminder of where that money went. I know I would!

2. kyleracine says:

Good idea, I will add some Chile pics tonight!

3. Loquenoves says:

Que rico que se pongan en campaña y ayuden donando sus fotos, lo encuentro espectacular!
    Aquí también hay algo de información sobre cómo donar http://chileayuda.com/ por ahí hay cuentas internacionales, pero creo que la idea de donar el dinero de las fotos a la Teletón del viernes está buenísima.
    Felicitaciones Kyle!
    Un abrazo

4. flojindamesa says:

I think it's so great that you're doing this. I put something up on my blog and facebook about it. Have you sold any? Max and I are going to buy one; we're just trying to decide which one we like best.

5. vanessa2010 says:

I am so sad for Chile… I hope everyone will be able to recover quickly.

6. vanessa2010 says:

I am so sad for Chile… I hope everyone will be able to recover quickly.

7. kyleracine says:

Gracias. finalmente logramos juntar harta plata y seguimos juntando. Vamos a seguir donando ese dinero y ayudando a la gente en lo que podamos.

8. kyleracine says:

Thank you Annie. I got your order today and I am sending it out right now. I appreciate the support for yours and my adopted country.

9. kyleracine says:

Me too.

10. kyleracine says:

11. kyleracine says:

12. kyleracine says:

Me too.

Trackbacks

1. [...] seeing these videos, I urge you — donate now. You don’t have to do it through me, but do it in any way that you can. Because if you are sitting here reading this blog post, trust me, you’re better off than 100% [...]

2. [...] seeing these videos, I urge you — donate now. You don’t have to do it through me, but do it in any way that you can. Because if you are sitting here reading this blog post, trust me, you’re better off than 100% [...]