Live.Love.Travel

Philadelphia, PA

I GOT A NEW WEBSITE!!!!!!!

I am so, so, so, a million times so EXCITED.

We’ve been working hard on it, I’ve gone back and forth with my wonderful designer Jamie and my incredible web developer Jennette to the point where they both probably want to murder me. Now that it’s up and running we still have a few tweaks left to make, but if you see anything wonky just let me know.

I’ll hunt Jennette and Jamie down and make sure they fix it.

OR ELSE…

And in other news…while we’re talking about big changes…new website…new tattoo. Clearly those two things go hand in hand.

My friend Sam Hurd, a wedding photographer in Washington D.C., was on camera duty for the night. He’s actually kind of RIDICULOUSLY INSANELY TALENTED when he’s not documenting things only on his iPhone. Drunk. Seriously though, check out his work.

I have like 17 chins in the above photo but I still feel it’s an accurate representation of how scared and excited I was!

Here we are testing designs with Doug. In spite of his rather greasy hair, he did a fab job doodling up ink on my wrist.

I was also accompanied by Nessa K., who does some of the most magical things with a camera that I’ve ever seen.Do yourself a huge favor and visit her website. Her work is lovely and beautiful beyond belief. So is she. <3

Busy hiding from the camera was my friend Shari DeAngelo, a wonderful human being and also an amazing photographer who makes eveeeeeeryone she photographs look gorgeous and elegant. I’m so lucky to have wedding photog friends that are crazy awesome at what they do and also cool enough to give me the courage to get the tattoo I’d been dreaming about getting for the past couple of months.

So nervous.

I was checking out the design that the guy stenciled onto my arm. Yep, love it. Yep, still scared.

Aaaaaand it hurts. Aaaaaand I have giant runner thighs. Oh well, what are you going to do?

Nessa did such a good job holding my hand and distracting me :)

Almost done!

How do you like it? The finished product…

You can read it as Live.Love.Travel.

Or just as live love.

I’m ok with it either way :)

Sam worked his magic free lensing magic on me. I feel so honored :)

Then we had a photo shoot of Nessa and I in his kitchen.

We were cracking up the entire time.

How hard is it for three photographers to take one good photo together?

Pretty hard, apparently. It took us at least 20 tries.

We almost killed Sam’s cat Pickles in the process.

Wooooorth it.

Comments

1. Deidre says:

I love the new website! Seriously love it! :) – It is so bright and whimsical and magical – just like you and your photographs.

Also love how happy you look in these photos and your new tattoo! Well done, I think it’d chicken well before the needle hit my skin.

2. Anja says:

Oh, I’m loving your new website Kyle! It’s so cute, bright and happy.
    And Yay for your tattoo. Looks really cool and it’s definitely unique!

3. This is the most adorable post of all time. And your new website is so awesome!

4. Max says:

Very neat site Kyle! Love it!!!
    Nice tattoo!!!! Call us when you get back over here!

5. Nessa says:

Kyle — I had such an amazing time hanging out with you! I hope you have fun in DC today and enjoy the rest of your trip. Live, love, and travel! <3

6. Karla says:

Kyle congratulations for the website! Love it! and I like your tattoo too, a good representation of how to live!

7. well well well !
    felicitaciones por el nuevo sitio! la verdad que te va muy bien el nuevo diseño… y sobre todo que partes con este post de tu tatuaje y todo, live, love travel… por poco fue TTL! xD saludos de Conce!

8. Kristy says:

Lovely mate! Totally cool tat! Words to live by for sure! ;)

Also, I had just thought, whoa, sexy legs, as I read “giant runners thighs” and its amazing how we all percieve things differently!

Cool new website look too! Text wrapping around the photos a little weird on my end, not sure if anyone else is getting that.

9. ale says:

I love the font!
    Also, you never mention seba anymore!

10. sam hurd says:

this post makes me so happy.

11. Love the new site. Love the new tattoo!

12. Catalina says:

love the tatoo and the website!!! i couldnt see it from my phone and finally got home to open your post!!!

13. Mary says:

Love the new website! These photos are full of fun and joy too :)
    (Although my phone didn’t like opening it, it worked perfectly on a normal computer…so might just be my jurassic phone :))

14. Sherry says:

Love it, Kyle! You guys did a fabulous job!

P.S. Any apartment updates?!

15. LOVE your new tat, Kyle. So incredibly fitting for you. Keep traveling and when you land in North Carolina at some point, I want to take you out for a drink! <3

16. Andrea says:

Looooooove. Iiiiiiiiit. Aaaaaaallll!!! The tatt, the new site and discovering your friends’ photography sites. John and I have been wanting to get tattoos for over a year now (I have one – it’s like half my age and ugly – he doesn’t have any) but we just can’t figure out what or when. Seriously – I love your new blog design.

17. Marmo says:

Changes, changes everywhere

18. Becky Male says:

Brilliant – you look terrified ! Never had a tattoo but felt for you !

19. Ceri says:

Absolutely love the new website, Kyle. It looks fabulous. :D

And I adore your tattoo! Was this your first? I find that they’re addictive once you start getting them! I also love that you got your own design that means something to you – I don’t think there’s anything worse than picking a generic one off the wall!